Re: Springs

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Springs
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 20:34:23 -0700 reply-type=response
I'll wager a couple of guesses that might or might not be correct.

A: The springs off of the 1970 might be correct, but "fresher" than the ones
you removed, and it is now sitting at the correct height.

B:  Did you tighten all of the rear shakle bolts & bushings with the full
weight of the car on them, including ballast equal to driver weight, or did
you tighten them with the axle hanging down?

C:  Combination of A & B.

I am running with a set of Moss 1" lower rear springs, and have been quite
happy with them.  The car does bottom out on the rubber stops occasionally,
and exhaust drags on speed bumps from time to time.

David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/
http://community.webshots.com/user/fool4mg