Re: Springs

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Springs
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:13:36 -0500 with any abuse report
> A: The springs off of the 1970 might be correct, but "fresher" than the
ones
> you removed, and it is now sitting at the correct height.
>
> B:  Did you tighten all of the rear shakle bolts & bushings with the full
> weight of the car on them, including ballast equal to driver weight, or
did
> you tighten them with the axle hanging down?

A: I have installed NEW springs on an A-Series Midget before. If that is
fresh, these were premature.

B: I have done my fair share of rear Midget springs and I have NEVER
bothered trying to torque it down under those conditions. I am quite willing
to accept doing the front that way, but the rear with freshly-greased
urethane bushings flat out does not care. Besides, there is NO WAY to torque
down the front bushings with weight on the car, etc. ;-)

Thanks for the feedback on the lowered springs, too. I think I can live with
that... Was that all four corners?
David Lieb