Brit show observations - not really LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Brit show observations - not really LBC
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:04:26 EDT
If any of you were at the 'British by the Sea' show at Harkness Park in CT
Sunday I apologize for not greeting you.  What a day!  and the weather brought
out some marvelous rigs.  Anyway, here were a couple things that struck me, in
case anyone cares (no one in my house does, thus the email).  And PS we
deserved the day after the rain last year, though my 7 year old daughter was a
champ
in both cases.

1)  there was a supercharged TR6 there.  If it was 'homemade' it was a good
job, right down to the supercharged badges, and made me wonder did the factory
do this?  There sure is plenty of room in there for it.

2)  there was an AC Ace, the non-Cobrafied original car.  Has anyone ever
taken a look at that engine?  It looks like it was taken from a Liberty ship
and
plumbed in by a union steamfitter.  What a crate!  It has absolutely square
edges and looks to have been made by cutting a square of metal off a huge chunk
at a mill then drilling the necessary holes in it for cylinders, etc.  I would
have thought it was a steam engine if I didn't know better.

3)  After working on a Midget for a couple years isn't it funny how huge the
Bs look (not to mention the Jag Es).  You catch yourself looking at a B and
thinking how would you park that thing, and why?  who needs a trunk that huge?

Mark M.