getting close to engine time, any suggestions?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: getting close to engine time, any suggestions?
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:22:54 -0500
I'm planning on installing of course the engine and transmission, and several
have recommended having the driveshaft attached when installing the engine.
What other components would be a good idea to put on ahead of time? In general
I feel I'd rather keep it lightly loaded and assemble as much as possible in
the engine bay, or am I just making it tough on myself? Specifically, I was
planning on leaving off the head and both manifolds (and carbs), starter and
generator. Not sure right now about a few other things like the water pump and
fan, and distributor, fuel pump. Any advice appreciated.
Dan G