Re: Spritely Weddings...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spritely Weddings...
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 07:43:40 -0700 (PDT)
Outstanding!  The moment I decided I would do
everything I could to marry my wife was 20 years ago
driving home from college in my MGB to introduce her
to my parents when the top disintegrated at 60 MPH on
the hideous Cross Bronx expressway in NY.  It was
raining torrentially, and she just laughed the whole
way home for the next 2 hours.

--- Bert Shirey <bertshirey@zoominternet.net> wrote:

>    Sandy and I celebrated our 40th yesterday. We
> went on our honeymoon, such
> as it was being one day, in my red `60 Bugeye. The
> fact that it was running
> hot as a firecracker,  the speedometer worked only
> when it got around to it,
> and we had to stop a couple of times to wipe the oil
> off the plugs didn`t
> bother us a bit. Neither did driving through a
> rainstorm with the top buried
> under the suitcase in the boot dampen our
> enthusiasm. That`s the way it was in
> 1965 when she was 19 and I was 20. Still is up to a
> point. Same good luck to
> the newlyweds...

Ron Soave
"You shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you." - B. Dylan