Head gaskets?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head gaskets?
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 18:04:44 -0700 (PDT)
So... following a pretty good weekend racing at
Blackhawk Farms, the car wouldn't start pulling off
the trailer.  I'm pretty sure I've got a bad head
gasket for the third time in a year (previous 2 times,
no bad oil/water leaks, just low compression on a
cylinder or two solved by a new head gasket).  I have
been using the composite TAM1521 with the o-ring
around the oil feed hole.  I have been presented with
a buffet of head gaskets by the local parts pimp (as
in Peter The).  This is either a high compression 1275
street engine or a low compression race engine,
depending on your perspective, about 11.5:1 CR.  I've
had the same copper head gasket in my street car for 8
years, ~9.5:1 CR with no problems.  So, copper or
composite?  Specific part numbers?  Copper spray goo
on the copper gasket?  Opinions, etc.

Ron Soave
"You shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you." - B. Dylan