RE: exhaust manifold to exhaust pipe

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: exhaust manifold to exhaust pipe
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:11:29 -0700
Thanks everyone for the help. Sounds like I need to fiddle the alignment
until I get a decent fit.

Thanks

Ray

________________________________

From PETER SHULL [mailto:pdx.pete at verizon.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:08 PM
To: Ray Sides
Subject: exhaust manifold to exhaust pipe

or does the clamp just tighten down on the smooth pipe?

That's pretty much it. And, from what I understand, it can sometimes be
a bear to get aligned correctly. I had the guys at the muffler shop take
care of that for me. Perhaps one of the other listers can give you a
blow-by-blow on how it's done.

Illustration of the set-up can be found at:
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29307