Audio Output

To: billyzoom@billyzoom.com
Subject: Audio Output
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 06:40:46 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Billy,

If all you are looking for is a tuner Radio Shack used to sell a Tuner Only for
something like $59.95, probably $79.95 with inflation these days. Cassette tape
decks hell you can find those for $5-10 at just about any garage sale. Do not
hook up the car stereo as you'll have voltage and impedance mismatches that
will screw up your nice amplifier. Been 30 years plus since I worked for Radio
Shack but even I know that the likelihood of blowing something up, likely your
more expensive amp, is quite high. If all you want is something for the garage,
hook up the deck to a pair of old speakers and a 12 volt power supply. The
boombox alternative for the garage also exists.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Cincinnati, OH