Re: London.. Go Brits indeed

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: London.. Go Brits indeed
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:44:01 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
>Isn't the average temp in London this time of year in the low 70s, with
>morning lows in the low 50s?

July is the hottest month of the year in London.  Indeed, I was in
Central London on a July day when it hit 105, the hottest day in its
history (the temperature in Central London is usually about 5 degrees
higher than outlying areas, such as Heathrow where the temperature was
"only" 100.5).  That was two weeks after I was in Paris when it had the
hottest day in its history.  According to friends in London, it was 85
last Thursday, with a relative humidity of about 90.  I got off the
phone a few hours ago, and it was 75 and a humidity of 93!

Now for the important stuff:  Thank goodness the heat and humidity will
come down significantly by the time the Fall Beaulieu Autojumble rolls
around in September!  If anyone is interested, it will be September 10-11.