Greetings and some questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Greetings and some questions
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:56:07 -0700 (PDT)
Hi there,

Wow, I'm happy to have found this list!

Hello to all of you. I've come to this list because I share an interest in LBCs
and I have a 62 sprite (1098) that I'm restoring. I love the car, although,
like all recently purchased spridgets, I'm finding a number of little quirks
that conveniently weren't mentioned in the sales description!!!

I'm not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, so while I'm ready to
take on small and moderately complex tasks (hopefully with advice from folks on
this list), I am always interested in hearing about local, reputable lil' brit'
car experts in my area, esp. those who can help with some body work issues that
I'm dealing with.

I'm also trying to bring the car back to something closer to 'original
condition'.  My initial list of things I need is short, but maybe some of you
can point me in the right direction?

1. I need seats. Someone installed what I think are later model midget seats in
the car. While they certainly look more comfortable than the original 'buckets'
that were in the Sprite, I really want to find a set of seats that match the
year. Looking at the MOSS catalogue, it appears that they are the same, series
1 seats that came equipped in the Bugeye.  Anyone have a set for sale? =)

2. The door latch releases (door 'handles' that sit recessed on the interior
side of the door) are mismatched. The left side has one style (smoother
casting) and the right side has a different style (a more 'scalloped' look).
Can anyone fill me in on why they would be different? Were there different
styles on different years? Are either of them correct for this car? Can someone
describe the one that is correct for a 62?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm looking forward to talking with you all!