re: What muffler?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: What muffler?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:11:30 -0400
per DLancer...
>> The stock 1500 came with a 2nd "crossover" muffler behind the petrol tank
which I removed when I put the glasspack on.  I was thinking about going back to
the crossover, with a second straight-through glasspack installed there.
Since it is a straight-through, it shouldn't create any more back pressure, but
it should modify the sound quite a bit.  Any thoughts?

  This is more-or-less what I used on my ol' Datsun 510 (1600cc).  Pipe was
1-7/8" with a glass-pack up front and a generic "turbo" muffler out back.  Had
a slight drone right at 55mph but was otherwise nice.
  When I had just the 'turbo' muffler it was loud enough to give me headaches.
 ...and Mom heard me coming from 1/2 mile away.  :-) :-) :-)

   Ed in NC
"Kids.  Can't live with 'em, can't eat 'em."