Now "X", was Re: stock radio in front, mp3 player and amp in back

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Now "X", was Re: stock radio in front, mp3 player and amp in back
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 19:04:21 -0700 (PDT)
Along with The Clash, they were the best band of the
late 70s, early 80s, IMHO.  Punk with musicality and
sensibility - think Green Day stripped to its roots,
with rockabilly undertones (compliments of Mr. Zoom).
I'm not the first or only person to mention the
influence on Green Day.  When I organize the LPs by
"type", Clash, X, Patti Smith, early Pretenders get
lumped together.

If you saw the movie "Major League", that was X's
version of "Wild Thing" whenever the reliever came in.

Funny, when I mentioned X to a friend today, he asked
what Exene and John Doe drive.

--- Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net> wrote:

>  loves "X" the
> way others love the Beatles and the Stones. I
> personally have never heard of
> them.

Ron Soave
"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded." - Y. Berra

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs