RE: Future Collectibles...

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[592F2BB0:01C59E90] j7BGJMpV018296
Subject: RE: Future Collectibles...
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:18:44 -0600
Audi TT?

An interesting list some of these will certainly be collectables, others
I really doubt.

Nissan Sentra SE-R, 1st generation - What makes this so much more
special than an Rabbit GTI of its era?

Ford Focus SVT - Again see how the GTI isn't worth a thing, this will be
the same

Ford Contour SVT - ditto

Ford Taurus SHO w/manual transmission - maybe, a truly fantastic motor
with a mediocre tranny and poor body

Ford Escort GT (with Mazda engine) - see #1

1996 Ford F150 Eddie Bauer Regular Cab Short Bed w V-8 - maybe, just due
to limited production

2004 Mustang Bullit, Mach, or SVT Cobra - yes, particularly the SVT
Cobra

2005 Mustang GT - to a limited extent

Chevy Cobalt SS - I see nothing particularly special about this car to
set it apart

Chevy SSR - probably

Chevy Monte Carlo SS Dale Earnhart Edition - maybe, still really nothing
special about it...

Chevy Lumina LTZ 2dr - why?

Chevy Tahoe 2 door 4x4 - why?

GMC Typhoon - Maybe

Last year of Camaro SS - maybe

Honda Del Sol VTEC - never

Honda S2000 - maybe, would love to install its motor and tranny in a
locost

Honda Civic Si - too many of them, the non-US models were so much more
interesting

Toyota Supra - the last gen twin turbos are surefire with great
performance and low production

Toyota MR2 - maybe the first gen...

Mazda RX7 Turbo - the last gen is surefire, limited production, great
performance

Mazda RX8 - maybe just due to limited production, otherwise seriously
overshadowed by the WRX and Evo.

Mazda Miata - Maybe collectible like an MGB, but so far they don't rust
away like MGBs so supply is likely to be good into the future

Acura NSX - guaranteed, sure winner, I would love to own one, old ones
do not depreciate at all

Dodge Magnum & Dodge Charger - the most recent ones?  I doubt it

Chrysler Crossfire - just too ugly, a bloated Z3 coupe

Subaru WRX - perhaps the STI, but production is mighty high on the US
models

Mitsubishi Evo - perhaps, but the company is likely to go belly up in
the near future

Volkswagen new Beetle - maybe, but probably not, its Golf roots limit
its collectibility

Let me add a few cars to the list:

Any BMW M car, except US E36 M3

Most any Porsche, certainly the turbo ones

MB E500

MB 500SEC or 560SEC

Most AMG MB's

The Italian exotics of course

The British exotics

Corvettes, particularly the Z06's & convertibles