Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]

To: Robert Evans <b-evans@earthlink.net> information
Subject: Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:39:03 -0400
Cc: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Buster,

Never ever lived in the NE US did ya?? Mass transit is a god send
here. Should be there as well, but apparently, like everything else
it became a boondogle.

There is no way in H that I could stand to live here W/O mass
transit. I live 36 miles from my office. To drive, 2.5 - 3 hours
easy. Drive to train, >2 hours, avoiding the idiots on the "SureKill"
Expressway, Priceless. Do not even ask me about driving into NYC.
BTDT, never again. Trains, Subways, etc are the only way to go.

Maybe in CA you all live in "such spatially diverse locations", and
the California given right to use more than your share of the fuel
the US uses, and own 2.3 cars per family, and think a drivers license
is a right, not a privelidge, but out here we do not take any of that
for granted. Besides the distance from SD to SF is nearly twice the
distance from DC to NYC. So space is something you mass transit
hating folks want. I think the roads here are horrendous, then I see
the pics on CNN in the coverage of the new anti-transit bill of the
CA highway and wonder. Take a look here, you folks got like 8 - 10
feet between your cars on the highway, never seen that in 15 years.
You also have 3 - 6 lanes. The major roads into Philly, NY and DC are
all 2 lanes, sometimes for both directions.

Gimme me Mass Transit everyday of every week. Overpriced, but I do
not have to kill someone every day.

Larry

Note that I came from Wyoming, where mass transit still means "Wagon
Train"

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget