Re: aluminum trim restoration and electrical switches

To: Dan Gillitzer <dang@ticon.net>
Subject: Re: aluminum trim restoration and electrical switches
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:42:20 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Dan

I did my cockpit trim on a couple of Sprites myself in the garage with
basic tools and a lot of elbow grease.
Unlike Jay, I love the whiz wheel :)
I use it to remove the old anodize and to smooth out any scratches or
deep gouges.
Use the fine cut wheel, I forget which color, not the brown,
These are the scotchbrite pads about 2" round. I think the red is fine,
I may be wrong.
After whizzing, sand with 400 grit wet. I use Mothers aluminum polish
and they come out like chrome. Of course now it's a monthly chore to
keep them like chrome ;)

For the toggles, 2 choices.
1) tape off the chrome and spray the black with vinyl paint available at
any auto store. Jet black seems to fit out cars, not too shiny, not too
dull.
Or try coloring the toggle with a black magic marker. It doesn'y last
forever but it's quick and easy.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ