Gas Storage

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas Storage
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 13:47:53 -0700 (PDT)
Gas Storage

Pretty strange day today -

i went down to one of the local little airports to get some racing gas. It is
higher octane and runs great in my kids hot rod. I even mix it with pump gas in
some of my other cars. It works better then 104+ or the other additives.  It
turned out to be cheaper then gas at the pump. I figured it was mis- marked.
The guy at the airport told me they are closing the airport. The reason was the
place had been sold to build Condos. They did not raise the price of the gas.
They wanted to be sure to sell all of the gas by the end of the month. A lot of
the people have moved their aircraft and even more are leaving the weekends to
come. I am thinking of buying a few 55 gal drums when they close if there is
any left. The gas was just delivered Aug 10th. The octane marked on the drums
is 105, 110 & 115 and 100+ AV gas. They offered it to me at a great price
(cost) if i take it at the end of the month. I do not think the gas will last
that long, But I want to be safe about storage. I have a 3 car
 garage or should i store it outside away from the house? I have room for one
55 gal drum in the corner that has block wall around it and i have had gas
there with no problems. But i may end up with six or more with any luck.

Any tip on storing the gas?

Vigil