Re: Gas Storage

To: uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas Storage
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:40:18 GMT j7EDexdb029403
Avgas is not suitable for use in automotive
applications per post from the educated
Jacques LeClainche.

One of the reasons (considering it's different make-up) is that it "goes off"
sooner (octane for octane) than it's automotive counterpart. IOW, it's
use (octane for octane) will "automatically" advance timing. Not only does it
go off sooner, but it burns a lot faster as well once it "goes off".

So AVGAS is not the panacea it seems to be
for the girlyman octane unleaded automotive fuels of today for a variety of
reasons, inclusive of the foregoing.

This having been said, if you DO decide to
use it, get the highest octane available and
MIX it 50/50 with premium grade automotive fuel to ameliorate to the extent
possible the foregoing due to different characteristics.

As can be seen, there is no substitute for
the more masculine leadeds of yesterday.
I was thinking of stripping a lot of #2 pencils and throwing the lead into the
tank but today, that lead is spelled g-r-a-p-h-i-t-e.

I WANT MY LEAD BACK AND THE HELL WITH MY BRAIN. I WANNA RUN 12.0-1!!!!

Cap'n Bob
9.8-1 Frog