RE: Gas Mileage and using premium gas

To: "'James Gruber'" <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>, "'Spridgets Digest'" <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gas Mileage and using premium gas
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:58:31 -0500
Of course, many "experts" in the media are popping in with all sorts of
recommendations on "saving fuel". One you hear them say a lot is " use
cruise control".

In my experience, with the exception of a BMW I had, I've always got better
mileage using my own damn foot rather than using cruise control. Most cruise
controls use very gross applications of throttle in an attempt to maintain
speed if there's even the slightest hill.