Re: Gas Mileage and using premium gas

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas Mileage and using premium gas
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:41:35 -0500 with any abuse report
I am not that surprised. A dozen years or so ago I found that my 1987 Duster
with a 2.2-liter engine and 5-speed and an electronically controlled Holley
progressive two-barrel carb (not exactly high-tech, was it?) got enough
better gas mileage on the regular unleaded at Mobil than on the regular
unleaded at Phillips 66 to justify the $0.06 difference in price. I wouldn't
have believed it, but it did.

I agree with Flounder about the cruise control... since it cannot tell where
the hill is going to be or how long it is going to be, a good driver can
always beat the cruise control when it comes to maximizing mileage.
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget