vacuum or lack thereof

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: vacuum or lack thereof
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:41:24 -0400
Could the symtom of my 1275 running hot be related to vacuum.  I added a
vacuum gauge last spring and right now its reading lower than normal as in
almost none as indicated.  I plan to spray some WD 40 or similar around the
vacuum unit to test for a leak but haven't done so yet.

When I set the advance a few weeks ago the vacuum seemed good.  It is possible
that the unit on the dizzy is bad or leaking.  the fittings seem poor.  I
looked around but short of replacing the dizzy are the vacuum units available
or rebuildabe?

My car has the vacuum line coming from the front side of the balance tube
rather than the carbs.
Phil Nase
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.