Re: dead battery?

To: Steven Michelsen <stevenm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: dead battery?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:44:24 -0400
Cc: "Midget Group at team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
On Aug 26, 2005, at 3:47 PM, Steven Michelsen wrote:

> I may be that the battery is just unable to hold a charge - however,
> how can I test for the other possibility?

Steve,

Take the car for a ride (or charge the battery).   Disconnect the
battery form the car's electrical system (remove one of the cables from
the battery) and let the car sit for a few days.  The next time you try
to start it, connect the battery cable.  If it starts, the car has a
drain and is killing the battery.  If it does not start, the battery is
probably bad.

  I use a battery for a Honda (Interstate Batteries) it's smaller than
the original battery but has plenty of power.  (Sorry Frank).  Rob's
car sat for over a year with that battery in it and it started right up
the morning of his O$hit without a problem.

Kevin