mufflers

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: mufflers
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:27:39 -0400
There was a recent thread asking which mufflers people are using.  Well, I
just had the opportunity to find out what's on Miss Marple.  It's a Walker
muffler and sports the numbers 82  90  10 under the Walker name.  It is
mounted as a single box behind a Maniflow header and a stock pipe.  It's
load enough and I like the sound.  It gets way too load and an unpleasant
sound when it breaks off. :-)  I'll be replacing it with a muffler from APT,
by spring.  ( I did reattach the walker. )  This leads me to my question.
How much of the exhaust system benefits from heat coating?

Robert Duquette

'67 RHD Midget aka Miss Marple