Re: intro, buying questions, 69 midget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: intro, buying questions, 69 midget
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:19:28 -0400
My general recs in a nutshell:
1 - Buy the car with the best tub you can find. Preferably rust and rot
free. They are out there. Mechanicals can be fixed/replaced for less
money than trying to restore sheet-metal.
2 - Don't restrict yourself to your local area. The best cars are from
dry areas of the country and anything can be shipped in enclosed
transport for $1,200 Max. List members would likely be willing to survey
a car for you.

I bought two rot-free cars sight-unseen off the internet with the help
of very gracious and accomodating list members.

3 - Be patient. Good cars come to those who wait.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/