IL freebie?

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: IL freebie?
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:14:29 -0500
So, I had 2 of my Healeys registered in IL, with vintage plates. The
registration stickers were '04, so, I figured the registration was up on
them the end of last year. Since I was moving to WI, I did not renew them. I
have my truck registered in WI, now have a WI driver's license. About 2
months ago, I got a letter from the IL Sec. of State, announcing that the
old IL vintage plates were about to be replaced, and everyone should expect
new plates in the mail. I figured my stuff had just crossed in the mail, and
disregarded the message.

So, imagine my surprise when I went down to IL to pick up some mail that's
been held in my home town, and there's  2 new sets of IL vintage license
plates, with registration and stickers valid until 2009.

Huh?

I thought the IL vintage plates were only good for 2 years. I did not renew
the plates/registration that expired '04.

Anyone else in IL experience this?

Wm. Severin Thompson

wsthompson@thicko.com

www.thicko.com