Tandem master

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tandem master
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:22:16 -0400
Anyone use Apple Hydraulics for master cylinder rebuilds. I did last month and
now the clutch side of the tandem master is leaking. Is it just me or is this
common with Apple rebuilds? I just got off the phone with them and they were
very surprised I had a leak. Suggestions of incorrect rod length may be the
cause. The old master was on the car for five years with no trouble until it
failed, a slow leak on the brake side. I didn't change the rod adjustment when
I installed the rebuilt master and the clutch felt normal and has normal free
play, so I don't think this is an issue. Apple is sending another one, but now
I'm not to sure about their rebuild quality.  Anything else I should check?
What is the differ between the 7/8 rods and the 3/4? This is a 3/4 master on a
disc brake '59 Sprite. I just want to make sure I have everything correct
before I start condemning Apple's rebuilds.
Alan