Tandem Master Cylinder

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tandem Master Cylinder
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:07:22 -0400
   Alan,

     Last winter I helped a friend overhaul the hydraulic system on his 57
MGA. The first Apple exchange rebuild of his MC leaked  from both bores. The
apparent cause was that the aftermarket pistons Apple had installed rendered
the stock pushrods too long. We should have known there was a problem when the
rods had to be forced into the pistons, but we didn`t. Apple did exchange it
without a problem, and the new unit has worked fine. I`ve had a White Post
rebore that I assembled my self  in my bugeye for going on fifteen years now,
with no trouble at all.

Bert Shirey
60 Bugeye/66 Midget 1098