WAS: secrets NOW: Willy's way

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: WAS: secrets NOW: Willy's way
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:08:24 -0500
Looked at your pix.  Seems to me you'd be running dirty fluid-or at least
air bubbles-back into your master cylinder.  Did I misunderstand something
about your bleeding regimen?

Mal Fay ran a flexible hose from the  bleeder orifice on the clutch slave up
to the firewall ending in a bleeder valve. This made the process a bit
easier but still requires 2 people.  You can pressurize to master cylinder
with a piece of bicycle tire tube and a bike pump. I have been successful
just being patient, having the wife sit in the car and pumping the clutch
peddle, while I laid on my belly in the foot well with my bleeder wrench.
It helps tremendously to enlarge the access hole to a reasonable size and
replace the rubber stopper with a sheetmetal cover held on with self-tapping
screws. That and Velcro motor mounts are the two best mods I ever made to my
Midget.

JohnD

P.S.  I will read NO responses to this last statement posted by Ron Soave or
Rick Fisk!  ;-)

Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:26:35 -0500

From William Thompson <willy1959 at gmail.com>

Subject: Re: sectrets for easy clutch bleeding?

http://thompsoncarpentry.com/personalgallery/album09
<http://thompsoncarpentry.com/personalgallery/album09>

 I do this on the Miata on the brakes, and it works GREAT, havent tried it
on the clutch system yet, but I dont see why it wouldnt work