Re: Re[2]: Dave Leib, or the cost of a car show

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Dave Leib, or the cost of a car show
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:21:48 -0700
Car shows can be great fun but you do need to consider what type of
show you are looking at.  Here in San Diego we have over 80 car clubs
which are having shows all of the time but most of these clubs are
either hot rods or marque specific.  As such many, but not all, have
no classes for foreign cars of any kind.  On the other hand British
Car day which is coming up on Oct. 2 will have around 400 British
cars and all profit from both the entrance fee and from the food
vendor goes to charity.  For this show your car does not have to be
museum quality, in deed the show is based on a picnic and cars in all
kinds of shape show up.  Granted the highest percentage are very well
restored cars.  But if you are working on your car then here is a
great source of first hand information.  Annice and I very much
enjoyed sharing our car and trying to be of help to others who were
working on theirs or looking for a car or club.  In our travels
around the country, besides the many wonderful one on one personal
meetings, car shows were great places to meet people and share the
car.  On one occasion I stumbled on a parking lot "cruise night "
while we were in Canada and they were insistent that I join them.
They even refused to let me pay an entrance fee and gave me an event
T-shirt for the longest distance to the meet.  The very few "bad"
experiences are out-weighted by  far by the good experiences.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor, in boxes)
2000 Miata Special Edition