Re: No LBC - 4WD vs AWD

To: bkitterer@mac.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No LBC - 4WD vs AWD
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:03:44 EDT
I think Mike was right on but there's no point really arguing since different
manufacturers slap the label on different systems.  The real difference boils
down to two things:

1) 4wd normally would be a system that's intended to be used only when
conditions warrant rather than left on always

2)  4wd is what hunters use.  AWD is the system used on all the SUVs I see
tits up in a ditch while I drive by in my focus in a blizzard.

Mark M