Re: Water Based Paint

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Water Based Paint
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:48:29 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
> Hey guys:
>
> Has anyone tried the new (to me anyway) water-based auto paints

I never tried it but I did try the water based brake clean.
That was just a bad joke in a spray can.
Now let's see,.....Bondo absorbs moisture (aka water) and sucks it down
to the metal where it makes rust.
Of course oil based primer/sealers would stop that but then water will
not stick to oil resulting in paint peeling.
But is there a water based primer/sealer too?
Back to the bondo sucking up water again.
And any water over any bare metal makes rust.

I will wait and see how this stuff works in the real world before trying
it myself.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ