RE: Houston

To: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@rcn.com>, "'spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Houston
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:08:46 -0500
Hello Greg,

         We are west of San Antonio by some 75 miles or so, and the
traffic along I 10 is still going strong.  Most of the filling
stations in Comfort are out of fuel, and Boerne (just down the road)
had long lines early this morning.  We went to the grocery for store
for usual things, and it was packed, at 8:30 this morning, and they
were almost out of water!!!!!  It seems that yesterday they did run
out of eggs; water; milk; bread etc.  A notice on the news earlier
said they had opened both sides of I 10 for westbound traffic.

I just hope everyone stays safe, this time .............

Elizabeth

At 16:48 22/09/05, Greg Gowins wrote:
>RBH is in El Paso, which is about 800 miles west of Houston.  I'm outside of
>Austin, and people are even starting to panic here.  I just got a 5 gallon
>carton of gas for my lawnmower, and I was accused of hoarding.  So I asked
>him if he wanted to use a rotary blade manual push mower to cut my 2
>acres... :)
>
>There are some massive traffic jams leaving Houston to the north and to the
>west.  They just now opened both sides of Interstate 45 for northbound
>traffic.  I'm sure they will do the same to I-10 in the very near future.
>
>Greg Gowins
>
>--
>Not sure about Houston, but people are panicking in the D/FW area, and some
>stations are now out of gas.

Fisher or Elizabeth Jones
Comfort, TX

"A Gentleman does not motor about after dark."  Joseph Lucas, 1923