Tires

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tires
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 23:19:04 -0400
Kent,

I am not a mind reader so I don't know what George M. was trying to say but I
did stay at a Holiday Inn last night and here is what a dated Concours package
says for AH's

"Tires - Owners are discouraged from driving or displaying cars with original
tires from the production period of the car, because of the potential for
failures. Instead, the Registry Committee encourages the use of Dunlop RS5
reproductions, currently available from many dealers, on all models of Big
Healeys, and correct size Dunlop bias-ply tires on Sprites. No deduction will
be given for the use of this tire. Alternatively, owners may use radial-ply
tires in any brand, so long as they are the correct size, with minimal
deductions. Deductions for other types and sizes of tires are shown on the
score sheets."

Score sheet tire entries:

Cover page - "Tires roadworthy, all five matching 5 points (roadworthy) 5
points (matching/condition"

Page 4 -"** Standard tire deductions apply

Dunlop other than those correct for car -1 point

Other brand (correct size and type) -3 points

Incorrect type (correct brand and size) -6 points

Non-matching spare -6 points

Any other tire -10 points"

Biff Jones
'59 Bugeye 'Kermit'
'61 AH Sprite 'Ole Gray' in "The Healey Book"
'71 Midget 'Freebie"
http://sprites2.homestead.com/