Memories and disappointments

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Memories and disappointments
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 21:50:48 -0700
This weekend, my wife and I took in the Coronado Speedfest at Naval Air
Station North Island. I could not help but be amazed at how far things
had come since as a young sailor 43 years ago, I was able to close down
the Memphis Naval Air Station for a weekend of auto-crossing. (Because
it was at the height of the Cold War and in the middle of hurricane
season, I had to get approval from the Secretaries of the Navy and Defense.)

I have to admit I was a little disappointed at this weekends vintage
races, for there were no Sprites on the track, and only two parked in
the club parking venue. Still, the cars, the sounds and the olfactory
senses brought back some sweet memories.

Buster Evans
Anaheim, California