Re: Memories and disappointments

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Memories and disappointments
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:55:17 -0700
Buster,

It is my understanding that this race is only open to cars that are
documented to have raced during their time of production.   That is
you must have the historical racing record of the particular car that
you want to enter and there is a limited number of entries
available.  Except for a few exceptions they can not be updated the
cars.  I did notice a Type 35 Bugatti with an electric fan on the
radiator. Personally I think that these limitations detract more than
enhance these races.  But they are a lot of fun knowing that they are
all vintage cars plus being able to walk around the pits and talk to
owners and drivers, there are some big $$$ stables.  Also the Car
Club Corral alone is almost worth the price of admission.  On
Saturday in the Car Club Corral there was a racing Sprite that could
have competed but they did not get a registration in time.  I will
try to get some photos up today.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor, in boxes)