Re: Concours Tire Info Wanted

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Concours Tire Info Wanted
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:53:55 -0700
Cc: bushwacker4@zoomtown.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
I am not so sure about whether or not whitewalls had to be "ordered"
from the Hambro Automotive Group, the U.S. distributor.  I know that
mine as well as all other purchased from Bluff City Buick & Imports in
Memphis (yeah, it took guts, Bob) were whitewalls.  Also, somewhere in
my library or files, I have a photo of all a field of Sprites ready for
shipment from Blighty to the U.S., and as I call they all had
whitewalls.  (Think, for a moment, of the pile of plain black tires that
Hambro would have piled up in New Jersey.)  Of course, most of us
swapped the Dunlops for Michelin X's when we could afford the $33 per
tire!  (I still have the Dunlops out next to the garage only because I
can't throw anything away.)

When I was at Beaulieu last month, I learned that Dunlop is still making
the 520x13 tires, and they are available through the Vintage Tyre
Supplies at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu.  Their U.S. branch is
Universal Vintage Tire at  www.https://universaltire.com .  (They also
have other vintage tires.)

Buster Evans
Anaheim, California