Shipping an MG across the country

Subject: Shipping an MG across the country
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:55:33 -0400
It appears that my new company will pay to ship two cars across the country
but I have three. The company that does the car transport will only ship the
midget in an enclosed trailer. The other to cars can go on an open carrier.
That make the cost to ship the midget much higher. The total for sending
just my MG Midget from NJ to WA is greater than $2,000. If my new company
will pay that cost and I get to pay for one of the cheaper cars fine, I will
ship the MG with them. If I have to cough 2K to move my MG I think it is
time to find another plan. If I have to pay 2K to ship the car I might as
well sell the car in NJ (that splash is me taking a bath) and buy a
different MG at the other end.

So, has anyone shipped an MG across the country? Who did you use? Were you
happy with the results? What was the total cost? Any ideas? Oh yeah, I have
to have the plan in place by 11-4, as I leave the state on about 11-6. Way
to much stuff to do in a short period of time.

Thanks,

Bill Gilroy