Front end damage update and brake caliper Q

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front end damage update and brake caliper Q
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 13:11:11 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Hi list,

I think I found the source of my negative camber on my d/s front wheel:
it looks like the trunion bolt got a little bent, and I wouldn't be
surprised if the shock arm is bent as well. Whith the car jacked up, if
I turn the steering all the way to the right the brake disk will touch
the pnch bolt on the shock arm. I assume this isn't normal, as it
doesn't do it on the other side.

Is it normal for the inside brake pad to wear out before the outside
one?  I noticed that on both sides the inner pad is more worn than the
outer one (after 8,000 miles on the brakes). And the drivers side is
more worn than the passengers side, but I think that's because of the
kink I found in the p/s stainless steel flex hose.

The list of bits I need keeps getting longer...

-=Chris