Re: More Muffler Questions

To: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>, sswarin@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Muffler Questions
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:52:12 GMT j9MCrTLn004855
Cc: rbc43@starband.net, dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com
"Don't muffler shops"

Not Midas, Meinecke, etc. in CT.
They're state licensed and anything the big muffler shops install is EPA noise
approved
and they seem very careful in this respect. Of course, I'm sure if you know
somebody, they'll take you in after hrs. if you've got
your own stuff from local auto parts suppliers, etc. Fr'instance, anything the
local
Meinecke shop carries for my '85 GTi is
aluminized/state noise approved.

But the old owner would install anything I
wanted on my '60 Frogeye as long as I brought it along 'cause he had nothing
that would fit anyway and the car was
exempt (age of vehicle) in any case. He could supply the pipe, clamps, etc. of
course.

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog