In car navigation system

Subject: In car navigation system
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:56:53 -0400
First let me say this is for my wife, not me. We are moving to Seattle WA
next week and we could benefit from an in car navigation system. Seattle has
one crazy street numbering system. It sort of makes sense where the Ave run
north/south and the Streets run East/West, but every road has many breaks in
it, so you could be on the wrong section. The second thing is at some point
they started to add roads between the already number streets so they called
them Places and Courts. These road have no names, just numbers, so you can
have 128 Ave NE, 128 St NE, 128 Ct NE and 128 Pl NE all in the same area.
This is an example of why not to do drugs.

So with that background I would like in auto nav system that can be added to
her 2002 VW Passat. It has to be easy to use and have a decent mounting
system. Has anyone on the list had any experience with these things? Any
recommendations? Likes or dislikes? Must have features?

Bill "Wrong Way" Gilroy