Re: Bugeye Group..... Buying on EBay Bug Parts and get screw!

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Bugeye Group..... Buying on EBay Bug Parts and get screw!
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:26:05 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ebay is a great resource to find almost anything. However, you need to
read the item descriptions carefully and that means you need to take
them literally, including the photos.

Looking at your auction, the description raises a red flag right away.
It says that the original box was in poor shape and discarded. BUT there
is not only a box pictured in the auction, but in good shape. So while
this doesn't mean on the face of it that the seller is deceptive, it
does mean that possibly/probably the item being sold is not the item
pictured.

Personally, I don't consider something "new" that doesn't come in it's
original box and I think the term NOS is used a little too loosely on ebay.

I also consider communications from the seller the best gauge of who I
am dealing-with. If I have any question on the character or reputation
of a seller, I send an email asking a question, even if I don't really
have a question, just to see the tone and nature of the response.

I wouldn't recommend threatening the seller. Be reasonable in your
contacts with him and hopefully he will be reasonable with you.
Remember, if you outright threaten to leave negative feedback, that
could be considered a form of "feedback extortion" as outlined in the
ebay user agreement. If the item really is not usable for your
restoration, I would contact the seller and politely point out that the
defects were not included in the description nor evident in the pictures
and ask if he would accept a return for the final bid price. Under those
circumstances ebay will refund his fees.

Good luck with your restoration.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/