Re Fuel stabilizer

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re Fuel stabilizer
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:48:36 -0500
Cc: "'Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.'" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Larry,

When I lived in Philly, I would take my '53 MGTD to the Historical Car Club
of Pennsylvania's Frost Bite Run every Thanksgiving morning. That was still
fall driving whether there....but then again, you guys also have
rhododendron growing in the woods.  Even in southern Michigan, I have had to
shovel the driveway in November, and my brother-in-law in Colorado (who DOES
NOT live up in the mountains) had 20" of snow last week. Hard to get a car
ready to put away...or even to take on a Sunday drive, when it's buried in a
snowbank (like my Midget was 2 years ago)! Nothing wrong with a shot of
Sta-Bil just in case the car gets lost in the driveway for a couple of
months.

JohnD

Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 03:52:35 -0400

From "Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." <macy at bbl.med.upenn.edu>

Subject: Re: Fuel stabilizer L.B.C.

#1 Where the H do you live??

#2 Why are you getting "ready for winter storage"

#3 Why not just drive it through the winter and forget the stabilizer

#4 Having never used said stabilizer I have no better answer than to just
drive the durn car. Unless you deal with a lot of salt (like I don't in PA),
the best solution is just drive. Heck the car wash places don't even close
anymore.

And there seems to be no place in the US that you should need to put a car
away before Turkey day at the earliest anyway ('cept Alaska).

Think of the children. Driving up to grandma's house in an open car for
thanksgiving dinner is the best thanksgiving I can think of.

Larry