Re: AZ and NM LBC-friendly?

To: Ed Townley <healeymonster@fastwave.biz>
Subject: Re: AZ and NM LBC-friendly?
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 07:23:32 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, hobbycars@cox.net
Ed Townley wrote:

>We also have mandatory insurance laws that are not enforced, so it is
>imperative that we carry uninsured motorist overage.  To quote one of our
>state representatives...."I won't vote for any type of changes....my
>constituents cannot afford car insurance."

You know, Ed, maybe we should begin a campaign to educate the rest of
the country to the reality of  life in California, Arizona, and New
Mexico.  It has been estimated by the California Highway Patrol that 40%
of the cars on the highway are uninsured, and 40% of the drivers do not
possess a valid driver's license.  In Anaheim, the City Council turned
down a $54,000 Federal grant to enforce the state seat belt law.  The
council refused to accept the money because it would be such a terrible
burden on the city's illegal alien population who could not afford to
pay such tickets!

Buster Evans