Re: AZ and NM LBC-friendly?

To: healeymonster@fastwave.biz, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AZ and NM LBC-friendly?
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:04:22 EST
Cc: hobbycars@cox.net
In a message dated 11/7/2005 5:36:32 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
healeymonster@fastwave.biz writes:

We also  have mandatory insurance laws that are not enforced, so it is
imperative  that we carry uninsured motorist coverage.  To quote one of our
state  representatives a couple of years ago when the legislature was
discussing  ways to enforce the insurance requirement, I wont vote for any
type of  changesmy constituents cannot afford car  insurance.

I guess they did something Ed.  My mother in law renewed her  plates on the
state web page (actually I did it for her) and a few months later  got a letter
saying she did not show up in some state database as having  insurance.  She
had to send in proof of insurance or they wanted the tags  back.

Of course, that letter may have been the extent of the enforcement.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in NM
73 Midget and others

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
"I won't be wronged, I  won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I
don't do these things to  other people and I expect the same from them."