RE: Diagnosing Civic Starter Problem

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Diagnosing Civic Starter Problem
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:07:24 -0500
The battery terminal got unwiggled?

-----Original Message-----

Yeah, I know, Frank, it's a rice burner. But it's my wife's
car and I gotta fix it.

Newish battery (maybe a year?), cables look good.
Belt tight and turning the alternator just fine.

She called today. Engine dead. No starter. No bells,
whistles, or other noises. Radio screen blank. No power.

I wiggled a battery terminal, and the open-door chime started
and the radio display lit up (but no memory). I tried the key.
CLICK!  No start.

Jumped it and drove home great -- alternator must be working.
Home, slapped a volt meter on and it's just over 13 VDC. Alternator
must be working.

Turned it off, and it restarted just great. Seems Fine Now.

Wotsa Problem??

chuck