Re: Diagnosing Civic Starter Problem

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Diagnosing Civic Starter Problem
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:51:58 -0500
Thanks Guyz for all the suggestions. I'm gonna wire-brush
the terminals and steel-wool the connectors, and reassemble
with that "diaelectric grease" the name of which escapes me (but
after two manhattans, most things escape me).

What really makes me curious, is in the 6 miles from where
the battery seemed dead, to our house, it recharged enough to
restart the car several times! Like the problem never happened.

I should add ... this is a '97 Civic with just over 35K on the clock
(because we mostly use the Midget). This is the second battery
as, when this exact problem happened a year ago, when I was out
of town, she had a new (Sears DieHard) battery installed, which
seemed to fix the problem. (But might it also be the cause??)

later,

chuck