Re: Midget 1500-CA Engine Rebuild

To: <bouchard@umich.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget 1500-CA Engine Rebuild
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:43:50 -0800
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Ben,

All US spec 1500 engines (except for 1976 Federal models) used dished
pistons that resulted in a 7.5:1 compression. All other markets used
flat-top pistons with a compression ratio of 9:1. Camshafts for all
markets, including the UK, were the same. The major differences between
all of the US market cars were in the carb needle and the distributor
advance curve.

That said, it'll help us with the build advice we give you if you tell
us what your goal is in the rebuilding - are you just looking for a
warmed-up street motor, or something a little more radical?

-=Chris