Re: GM going down, no LBC

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@exit109.com>
Subject: Re: GM going down, no LBC
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:53:17 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank Clarici wrote:

>          I heard today the GM is laying off thousands of employees and
>     closing plants all over.  Is this why they stopped using the
>     "We'll be there" slogan in their ads?

A few years ago, Pam and I were thinking about buying a new van, and
stopped in a Nissan dealer where we were pounced upon by a salesman.  We
got to talking about cars, American and Asian.  The salesman just
started swearing at the American companies, complaining that he had
worked on a Chevrolet assembly line.  He was laughing his head off when
he told us, "I really got back at THEM!  I would use some string to hang
a Coke bottle inside the door lining.  Boy, I'll bet people were pissed
at Chevrolet over the noise!"  You bet, I thought, that that, you anal
orfice is another example of why the Asian cars have been successful in
destroying American manufacturing.

Strange, but when we bought a new Honda Accord last year, we learned
that 60% of the parts were made in the U.S.

Buster Evans