Re: GM going down, no LBC

To: b-evans@earthlink.net information
Subject: Re: GM going down, no LBC
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 08:38:40 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Incidently, I happen to have been a very happy owner of a 73 Vega. I
thought it was a marvelous car. I had no troubles with it, and
enjoyed it very much.

I believe most folks issues were the fact that it was one of the very
first high revving engines to come out of Detroit and most folks
drove it like it was a V8. Low revs in that car made for low power
and low torque, unlike the V8's of the day. That engine was happiest
at full song, rev'ed nicely to 7K and ran best in the 3500 - 5000 RPM
range. At the time all the owners wanted to run their cars at 1200
-3000 RPM  (great for the high torque V8's of the day) and that rev
range killed the aluminum blocks as they could not get adequate lube.

So I humbly disagree, while not the best ever, certainly not the worst.

Larry
ex-Vega owner and miss it

--

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu

The bottom line: Sure, there's pain in adopting the Mac. But if I accept
that, I get to use a computer that works, and that pretty much does
what I
expect and want a computer to do.
Stewart Alsop
FORTUNE.com