Re: American carmakers are clueless (no LBC)

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: American carmakers are clueless (no LBC)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:43:14 GMT jAMIhhOq030079
Well said, Glen Byrns....well said.

"Clueless" is an understatement. You see,
Americans are the fattest people on the face of the earth. This problem begins
in
the brain.

How stupid have we become? Certain people destroyed the World Trade Center
and killed almost 3,000 innocent civilians.

We're concerned with "their rights" and
accidentally offending them by flushing
their Bible down a toilet!!

This is how truly dumb some of us have become with respect to our own survival.

GM mismanagement is simply another
example of corporate "fat". The current
"fight" in Congress over Iraq (yet, again)
is an example of political "fat" as our so-
called leaders continue to politicize and
"PC" matters important to the long-term
survival of our way of life, "politics" rather
than responsible "public service" being
their priority.

Maybe when the first thermonuclear suitcase bomb goes off and wipes
a quarter of a million of us off the face
of the earth, we'll "wake up" and smell
the coffee but.....I doubt it.

>From what I've seen in the last 30 years, our political "leaders" will be too
>busy playing their stupid blame game (aided and
abetted by an increasingly dumbed down
media) to get together for our own common good.

30 years ago OPEC got together and decided to "fair trade" basic power while
our own oil companies jumped on the bandwagon via control of refining capacity.

And our reaction.....40%+ of Americans go out and purchase heavier, gas
guzzling vehicles whether they need them or not
while political leaders "exempt" them as
"trucks"!!!

Priceless "fathead" thinking. And oh yeah....
while those thousands of furloughed GM workers and their families "enjoy" their
Thanksgiving and Christmas, GM "5th floor"
types will continue to "earn" 500 times what
their average worker makes. After all, they're "priceless" corporate "leaders".
What a scam!

Yep....no doubt about it......we've come a long way since I was a kid, baby.
God, I am
so glad I am older and on the way out of
this irresponsible effing zoo my country has
become. And it's too bad. 'Cause I love this
place.

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog