Re: Cap'n Bob and driving distances

To: Charley Braum <cbaustin@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Cap'n Bob and driving distances
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:04:26 GMT jB6E4lEZ015889
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Not bad-mouthing, Charlie....quite the opposite.

Flew out of Erie for a year or so for the old
Jetstream International regional airline back in '80-'81, serving the hubs of
Pittsburgh, Detroit and Chicago from towns
like Beaver (whatever)! All country towns with country airports. Old-time kinda
flyin'...nice people everywhere I went! :)

But the commuting at the end of each weekly flight schedule got hairier and
hairier so had to find something closer
to home. Too bad. I had good seniority and
eventually this Company became a USAir
owned sub. flying hot-rod Dornier 328 regional prop-jets. Now there's an
airplane I would love to have flown! What a performer! Huge, six-bladed
state-of-the-art props. Airplane climbed and went like
a raped ape!

OTOH...the parent company eventually went belly-up...and all lost 56% of their
pensions. But it would have been fun while
it lasted! :)

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog